eHealthRecord.info Archives

eHealthRecord.info Archives April 2008

| Vol. 5 No. 7 April 16, 2008 |

FACTS AND STATS

Physicians received $14 billion in total payments for clinical services in Canada in 2005-2006, a 39.4% increase over five years, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). Payments made to physicians for clinical services include fee-for-service payments, which account for 80% of total payments, and alternative modes of payment, such as salaries, contracts, etc., which account for the remaining 20%.
Source:Canadian Institute of Health Information
Date Published: April 1, 2008.


AROUND THE WORLD

Sweden launches national e-health strategy

Scotland and Northern Ireland tender for patient management system

Report Recommends EHR Networks for Safety-Net Clinics

HHS official pushes for electronic recordkeeping

Linked systems to improve patient care in Australia


NEWS FROM CANADA

B.C. introduces law governing access, privacy of electronic health records

Long-term Care Facilities Access Services Through Telehealth


LATEST IN THE FIELD

Electronic health record helps diabetes patients

Docs dip toes into computerized records

Research Studies Demonstrate Benefits of Health IT on Patients

Open-source group tackles e-health interoperability


INDUSTRY SPEAK

Tri-Continental Foundation of Experts to Collaborate on Global Health IT Solutions

Norfolk and Norwich cuts sign-on in A+E

EFPIA makes recommendations on EMR use

Sherbourne Selects CLINICARE for Server Infrastructure Rebuild


INFOWAY UPDATE

Find Out What's New and Happening at Canada Health Infoway


WORTH NOTING

The 5th Annual World Healthcare Congress

e-Health 2008: Extending the Reach

US National Health IT Week

European eHealth 2008 conference: "eHealth without frontiers"

9th International Conference on System Science in Health Care


Know. Learn. Implement. SUBSCRIBE to Longwoods eLetter.

Comments

Be the first to comment on this!

Note: Please enter a display name. Your email address will not be publically displayed